Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Birthday Falls on September

I celebrated my birthday last September 11 with my Lou. We had 1/4 of spaghetti noodles and some piece of bread. We cooked it and celebrated the beautiful day. Nowadays, September 11 doesn't sound quite good since we are familiar, if not all, about the 9/11 tragedy. I was on my way to my work station that fateful day when I passed by the cafeteria and saw the terrible news on TV. My heart sank. First, it was my birthday and why on earth it had to happen on that wonderful day. Secondly, the senseless attack on innocent lives. That was 9 years ago and I have no desire of remembering it. So far.

Last year when I was at a critical stage due to my ailment (mononeuropathy multiplex and lumbar radiculopathy), old, new and current friends(hehe) from my christian community(Breath of God Catholic Charismatic Community) came to our apartment surprisingly and celebrated my birthday! They brought food, drinks, and the most that widened my eyes was the cake! I was sitting near the entrance of our apartment when they started bringing in the food. Each time they did I became nervous. When one by one greeted me joyously, the more I became nervous. I thought to myself this could be my last birthday celebration. Oh no! So this year, when the elders of my christian community visited me 2 days after my birthday I told them that I never wanted that kind of celebration anymore. They asked me why and I replied that I still want to live longer. With a grin, I mentioned to them how I felt about last year's celebration. I was thankful of course, but then I felt seemingly nervous about such 'invasive' celebration. There was silence first. Then, they burst into uncontrollable laughter.

Aahh I'm 35. I praise and thank the Lord for giving me another year. 2009 was a Calvary and He never left me along the way. Such a good God is truly worth all the praise and thanksgiving! 2010 is such an enormous explosion of blessings--family ties becoming stronger, friends that have long been out of contact came forth and renewed friendships with me, kin visiting me, financial help and abundance is unstoppable, my health is improving a lot, I have become more matured now unlike before with my perspective about life has leveled up, and all aspects and kinds of blessings are pouring down to my astonishment. 

And I just thought after what happened to me last year, the 1/4 spaghetti treat and piece of bread with my Lou was worth the celebration. Now I can conclude that birthdays, like diamonds, are forever. ;)

9/11/2009 surprise birthday celebration
i love that cake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment