Monday, September 27, 2010

I.C.U.

Lola Peling was rushed to the ICU last Sept.17, Friday. She could hardly breath. Thinking she was having a heart attack, they immediately brought her to the hospital. Later, it was found out that she had a congestion and that caused a halt in the heartbeat. Lou and I visited her several times, but I didn't attempt to go inside the ICU. I feared it would bring me back to the memory of my dear friend Nilo. It all happened last year when he was also brought to the ICU after a terrible accident and after two days he died. I was afraid to see all those gadgets inserted to lola Peling. I was stone-cold and a bit of apprehensive while waiting for Lou. When she went out, she described to me how she looked like. Truly as I feared it, she told me it reminded her of Nilo. Then, while she was talking to her mom on the phone, she cried. I held my own tears. Just as I thought. Good thing I didn't insist to see lola Peling in that situation.


While asking her about lola's status, I glanced twice at the letters ICU posted above the entrance of the room. With a silly grin, I remarked that being in the ICU it seems as if God is telling you, "I See You (I C U) my child..." with the gesture of pointing His two fingers going from His own eyes to yours(hehe). We laughed a little over my own joke. Of course.

Pinching my thick, funny lips and rolling my tired eyes, I realized it would mean the truth if ever we all experience the ICU dilemma. God would be telling us to prepare, or more specifically our time has come! Lou and I were thinking if the word was just coincidentally named ICU; a big joke, or probably the Lord allowed it to be written that way as a reminder that all creatures are mortals in the sense and shall pass death; and that He shall C(see) us through the course as He wills it. Praise be His name!

We were back in the hospital six days after lola was brought to the ICU. We went to the 3rd floor and I took a picture of the abbreviation posted above the entrance of the room. It was in big bold, and red letters. 

That day, Lola Peling went home healthy 
with her finger and toe nails newly 'painted'--courtesy of my Lou. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment