Monday, June 20, 2011

Rainy Days


Rainy days are definitely here. It's been several months now and it took this season to ignite once more in me the desire to write. That's my problem I now realized. bah! I become complacent when I run into things that steal my attention, and worst they don't turn out the way I want them to.

But rainy days reminds me of many incidents that have marked both my childhood and young adulthood life.

Basketball under the rain, running along the gutter kicking the rainwater while it channeled towards the street, a cup of coffee with books by the window, rushing to go to work at 5 in the morning trying to escape the downpour, going to the mall with the largest umbrella just to watch my favorite movie.

By the bed- sick and coughing, a friend passing away and raining during the funeral, losing my job during the season, stricken with slipped disc and mononeuropathy multiplex that lasted for 2 seasons---recuperating still and it's raining--, and again a friend passed away recently at the start of the season.

But I love it. The smell of it. The sound it makes on the roof and pavement. The rustle on the leaves of mangoes and other trees. The cold wind that brings it to completion. And the comfort it brings while cuddling with my pillows and bedsheet at night.

Somehow it cools and freshens the senses.. and the soul.


"Do any of the worthless idols of the nations bring rain? Do the skies themselves send down showers? No, it is You, LORD our God. Therefore our hope is in You, for You are the one who does all this."
-Jeremiah 14:22

No comments:

Post a Comment